Therapeutic in nature, yet gentle enough for a wide range of application and uses, hydrosols are a perfect option for a cost-effective exploration of plant-based curative benefits. Thirty times stronger than herbal teas, yet milder than more concentrated essential oils, these “flower waters” are a soft, subtle, and aromatic restorative option for yourself, your family, your home, and even your pets.
What are Hydrosols?
While the Latin name roughly translates as “water solution,” hydrosols are much greater than water; in fact, they contain water-soluble therapeutic properties of the plant that are not present in the essential oil, which are concentrates of fat-soluble plant properties.
How can I use them?
Since they are milder than essential oils, hydrosols have a wide variety of uses, and unlike essential oils, they do not need to be diluted with a carrier oil; they can be safely enjoyed as is. This opens up a wide range of possibilities for enjoying these gentle yet fragrant options for improved physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
How are they made?
Unlike water with essential oil added, true hydrosols are made by collecting and chilling the steam which occurs during the essential oil distillation process. Crafted from the same certified-organic ingredients – including herbs, roots, flowers, or bark – as our pure essential oils, Inshanti’s hydrosols are aromatic water mixtures which maintain many of the same therapeutic properties as essential oils, only in a gentler form.
Mist a sunburn, heat rash, or bug bite with Inshanti’s Lavender Hydrosols, or use it before and after shaving to prevent in-grown hairs.
- Enjoy Inshanti’s Lemon Verbena Hydrosol in your tea to ease cramping, employ its anti-bacterial properties in your mouth as a mouthwash, or bring mild lemon zest to your seafood, beverages, and dessert.
- Aid in digestion with Inshanti’s Peppermint Hydrosol or spritz around your car to avoid motion sickness.
Refresh your skin with a spritz of Inshanti’s Rose Hydrosol, celebrated for its ability to moisturize and aid in physical and emotional balance.
Hydrosols have abundant uses:
- Add them to a base of aloe, lotions or creams and enjoy both the fragrance and the therapeutic benefits.
- Mix some into your bath to rejuvenate yourself after a tough day.
- Some hydrosols are perfect for livening up your drinking water or dealing with digestive issues.
- Put some in a spritzer to refresh your home or car or perk yourself up on a hot day.